Thursday, April 4, 2013

Law of Divorce in Australia who married in India.

I married overseas(India) – can I get a divorce in Australia?

If you were married overseas, you can apply for a divorce in Australia if either you or your spouse:
regard Australia as your home and intend to live indefinitely in Australia are an Australian citizen or resident, or
are an Australia citizen by birth or descent
are an Australia citizen by grant of an Australia citizenship
ordinarily live in Australia and have done so for 12 months immediately before filing for divorce.
You must provide the Court with a copy of your marriage certificate. If your marriage certificate is not in English, you need to file:
an English translation of it, and
an affidavit from the translator which:
states his or her qualifications to translate
attaches a copy of the marriage certificate
attaches the translated marriage certificate
states that the translation is an accurate translation of the marriage certificate, and
states that the attached copy of the marriage certificate is a true copy of the marriage certificate translated.

No comments:

Post a Comment